Collect your mail from your mailbox
You can collect your mail from a passcode-protected mailbox on campus or in the city. The mailboxes are allocated by kitchen group and you get your passcode with your welcome and arrival instructions.
If you have any questions about your mailbox or passcode:
- On campus - visit the West Accommodation Centre or call 01225 383111
- City - visit The Virgil Building or call 01225 383039 or email email@example.com
Mailboxes locations (Campus)
There are mailboxes at:
- The Quads, next to Acer Quad
- Westwood (Conygre, Cotswold, Derhill, Mendip, Quantock, Quarry and Wolfson), at Wessex House, between Barclays bank and the Fresh shop
- each accommodation block at Brendon Court, Norwood House, Osborne House, Polden Court, Polden and city centre University accommodation
- Solsbury and Woodland Court, next to the East Accommodation Centre
- Eastwood and Marlborough Court
Report a broken mailbox
City Mailbox faults should be reported to the Virgil Building 01225 383039
Collect parcels (and letters requiring a signature)
If you're sent a parcel that you need to collect, we'll email your University email account to let you know we have it.
Don't come to collect your parcel until you've received the email, even if the supplier has told you it's arrived. We'll process your parcel as soon as possible.
Bring the email with you when you collect your item. You can either print it out or show it to us on your phone or tablet. You also need to bring a photographic ID card, preferably your University library card.
Your parcel will be held for a period of 28 days. After 28 days, your parcel may be returned to sender or disposed of, whichever is deemed appropriate. However you can ask us to hold your item for longer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to collect your parcel
If you live on campus, you can collect your parcel from the Parcel Room at Eastwood Lodge.
If you live in city accommodation, you can collect your parcel from the Virgil Building.
Sending someone else to collect your parcel (on campus)
You can ask someone to collect your parcel for you. To organise this, email the Student Parcel Office at email@example.com with the:
- reference details of the item
- name of person who's collecting the item
This information must be provided via email by 16:00 Monday to Friday for collection the same day (16:00 on Friday for collection on Saturdays).
The person who's collecting your parcel must bring a photographic ID card, preferably their University library card, as proof that they're the nominated collector.
When we deliver mail
We deliver student mail throughout the academic year.
If we receive post for students after the end of the academic year it would generally be held for 28 days. It would normally be returned to sender after this period.
What to do about wrongly delivered mail
If you find any post in your mailbox that shouldn't be there, please put it in the returns box.
Please make sure you tell people your new address when you move accommodation so you continue to receive your mail.