July 2021 ceremonies
We are doing everything we can to hold in-person, Covid-secure, graduation ceremonies during July 2021.
Both students who are eligible to graduate this summer and students who graduated in 2020 have been sent an invitation to register to attend.
Eligibility to attend
If you've achieved one of the following awards you'll have been invited to attend an award ceremony:
- A Foundation Degree
- A First degree, which are those called “Bachelor of …” or, for undergraduate masters’ degrees, “Master of …”, or "Master in ..."
- A Higher degree, which are those called “Doctor of …”, and postgraduate degrees called “Masters of …”
You won’t attend a University of Bath ceremony if you’ve been awarded a Certificate of Higher Education, Diploma of Higher Education, Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, or if your course is "validated" or "licenced" by the University of Bath.
Registering to attend
If you’re scheduled to graduate in the summer, or graduated in summer 2020, you will have received an email asking you to register for your ceremony.
The invitation email will direct you to an online form where you'll be able to:
- confirm whether or not you'll be coming to the ceremony
- confirm whether you will use your two guest tickets
- let us know about any accessibility arrangements you'll need to arrange with us for guests with a disability
- make arrangements for your certificate to be sent to you if you decide not to attend your ceremony (2021 graduates). You’ll still have to complete the form to tell us you’re not coming.
Deadline for registration
You must register by Monday 7 June. If you don’t complete registration by the deadline you may not be able to attend your graduation ceremony.
You'll be able to change your details at any point before the deadline.
Deferring attendance to a future ceremony
We understand that it may not be possible for you to attend due to travel and other restrictions related to covid-19. You can therefore defer your place and attend a future set of ceremonies.
You will be asked to confirm on the registration form if you wish to defer your place.
Your School or department may invite you to a special reception, to celebrate your achievements with your fellow graduates, which will take place on the day of your graduation.
These receptions will happen at a specific time before or after your award ceremony and separate tickets may be allocated to you. These tickets should not be confused with your graduation ceremony tickets or your guest tickets, and you should build in extra time to your graduation day itinerary if you plan to attend a departmental reception.
For more information about the venues and timings for your departmental reception please contact your School or Department.