Skip to main content

Sending mail to student accommodation

How to address different types of post to University accommodation on campus and in the city.

Send mail to campus accommodation

To send post to a student in campus accommodation, you must include their name, accommodation building, and room number.

Format the address as:

(Student's name)
(Building and room, for example, 'Eastwood 4.1')
University of Bath
Claverton Down

Send mail to city accommodation

Sending letters

You can send large letters directly to University accommodation in the city.

Letters must not be larger than:

  • 25mm in depth
  • 353mm in length
  • 250mm in width

This is about the size of a large envelope or magazine.

Sending parcels

You must send all parcels for city accommodation to the Virgil Building.

Format the address as:

(Full name)
Virgil Building
(Room number)
18 Manvers Street


If you have any questions, please contact us.