On this 11-week course you will study, in depth, three Shakespeare plays: one comedy, one tragedy, and one history play.
Having completed this unit you will be able to:
- Identify characteristics of Shakespearean comedy
- Make connections between Shakespeare's works and their historical, political, social, philosophical, religious, national, literary, artistic and theatrical contexts
- Analyse Shakespeare's use of language
- Identify source material for Shakespeare's work
- Discuss Shakespeare's plays as both texts and theatrical performance pieces
- Discuss possibilities for production and adaptation of Shakespeare's work
There will be online recorded lecture material for you to work through independently. A 50-minute session will also run on Microsoft Teams every Thursday from 10.15am-11.05am, from Thursday 7 October to 16 December 2021.
Before signing up please make sure that the day and time of these sessions do not clash with your academic timetable by checking MyTimetable.
To be awarded credits for this course, a minimum of 80% attendance is required.
Registration for the Semester 1 course is now closed.