What is Step into Success?
Step into Success is a free, online programme which supports Year 13 students through the journey of making a university application. You will have the opportunity to meet other students applying for your subjects, chat to undergraduates already enrolled on courses at Bath and get help with your application.
Step into Success is a completely flexible programme, available from October 2021 through to the UCAS application deadline in January 2022. Step into Success is aimed at students in Year 13 planning on making an application to university for 2022, particularly those intending to apply to study at Bath.
You will work through a number of independent study modules in your own time, and will be supported by opportunities to chat to e-mentors who are current Bath students. You can spend as much or as little time as you like exploring the resources, which are accessible from a phone, tablet or laptop device.
As a Step into Success student you will:
- gain access to a flexible set of online modules designed to support you in making a university application
- participate in group chats through a secure platform covering key topics such as writing a personal statement, understanding the UCAS process and student finance
- spend time reflecting on your strengths, passions and motivations to inform your decision-making about your future education
- gain information and knowledge from e-mentors who have successfully navigated the transition to university, giving you a real insight into student life
- receive support to make a competitive application to study at university
Who can apply
Step into Success is aimed at academically-able Year 13 students planning to apply to study at university from 2022.
To be considered for a place you will need to:
- have obtained at least six GCSEs at grades A* to B/9 to 6, and at least a grade C/4 in GCSE English and Mathematics
- be on track to achieve the required entry grades to study your chosen subject at Bath
- meet one or more of our widening participation criteria
How to apply
You will need to apply online. Applications will open soon for an Autumn 2021 intake.
When applying you will need to: - provide details of your current qualifications (e.g A-Levels or BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma) and previous qualifications (e.g GCSEs) - provide contact details for your parents/carers
Access to online learning
The University of Bath is leading the Digital Divide project, addressing the challenge of not only providing content that gives young people the best chance of success but also ensuring they have the means to access it.
Please contact us if you anticipate any challenges applying for or accessing this programme online and we will do our best to support you.