The Semester 1 exam period for the 2021/22 academic year runs from Thursday 13 January 2022 to Saturday 29 January 2022.
Students should refer to the Academic Registry's Student Guide to Exams: 2021/22 Semester 1 assessment period and the Exams and assessments webpages for full guidance.
Exams support from the Skills Centre
You may also wish to refer your students to the following exams support from the Skills Centre:
- Exam skills sessions – one-hour skills enrichment sessions in weeks 10 and 11 (6-16 December) covering revision techniques, writing in exams, and essential academic style.
- Exam skills 1:1 tutorials – a limited number of 50-minute exams skills appointments in weeks 10, 11 and 15, (6 December to 12 January) to help build confidence in taking exams.
- 1:1 writing tutorials – online and in-person appointments to discuss any aspect of academic writing and receive feedback on how to improve written work.
- Inspera guide – this short online module explains how to use the assessment platform Inspera to complete an exam and includes troubleshooting tips.
- Preparing for exams – a general guide on how to prepare effectively for exams.
- Support for Online Exams – this short online module explains the different types of exams and how to prepare for them.
- Time Management – a short online module to help students create a schedule and manage their workload.
- Maths and statistics support – daily general MASH drop-ins in the Skills Zone or online for students to ask any maths and statistics questions.
- Exams-themed blogs – bite-sized hints and tips on preparing for exams on the Academic & Employability Skills blog, for example Fixed-time exams: your questions answered and Maths exams: prepare to succeed.