The Researcher Development Framework: Domain D
Learn more about the knowledge and skills needed to engage with, influence and impact on the academic, social, economic and broader context of your research.
Explore this domain
This domain is part of the wider Researcher Development Framework - a professional development framework for researchers.
This domain covers the following key areas:
- team working and collaboration
- supervision, mentoring and teaching
- people management, influence and leadership
- communication and dissemination methods
- public engagement and policy
Evidencing your development
Here are some examples:
- working in an inclusive, respectful and constructive way with colleagues
- acknowledging the contribution of others and own part in team success
- building relationships in academic and commercial contexts
- supervising, mentoring and developing the potential of less experienced researchers and colleagues
- leading, motivating and influencing where appropriate
- building and sustaining collaborative relationships
- awareness of appropriate communication and dissemination for different audiences
- communicating research effectively (written and oral) to a range of audiences
- contributing to public awareness of research and associated impact
- identifying potential commercial or public benefits of research
- working collaboratively with all stakeholders to develop and share research knowledge
Browse our programme of workshops and online resources to support your development as a researcher.