Using our Proposal to Award Management system
Find out how to prepare your budget, and the internal approval processes, for research funding applications using PAM, our internal costing system.
The Proposal to Award Management (PAM) system is transforming our processes for applying for and managing research applications and awards. This is a fully integrated electronic environment which supports an excellent user experience for proposal development, submission, award management and closure.
The most commonly used funder schemes are in the system. However, if your funder or scheme does not appear in the list when you are setting up your project contact Pre-Award. Allow 24 hours’ notice if you require a new scheme to be set up.
Go to Agresso Web and select 'PAM' to access PAM.
If you cannot see 'PAM' in the menu or an Administrator requires access contact Pre-Award.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- navigation overview
- access and main menu screens
- project setup wizard
- creating a costing
- approving a costing
- using tabs for project setup screens
- using the advanced costings search
- approving an award
- assessing differences in amounts awarded
The Office of the University Secretary has ethics guidance to be followed:
For ethics queries contact Clare Henderson: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical queries contact Chris Cooper: email: email@example.com
- a project site with unique PAM ID reference
- additional tabs for information related to; University review, contracts, mandatory fields and award management
- summary of project information that includes; project titles, PI’s, departments, funders, external partners and individual costings
- embedded application and award costings that includes; funder costs, DA staff costs, DI staff costs, students costs, equipment costs, facilities costs, non-staff costs, FEC costs and price breakdown
- automated application and award costing approval workflows
- access to an electronic ethics form
- automated ethics form approval workflow
- PI email notifications
- professional service notifications for HR and Data Storage
- internal RIS notifications to the Pre-Award and Post Award teams
- automated data feeds to pricing and billing application and planner
- automated data feeds to PURE
- new electronic forms for LURS and EQR1, embedded with automated approval workflows and data feeds to and from PAM (by mid November 2018)
The Pre-Award team provides support for research funding applications and awards. This includes:
- training on how to use PAM, the internal costing tool
- advising on how to cost research proposals
- advising on different funding rules and regulations
- advising on University authorisation processes for your proposal, including for studentships and equipment supported by the University
- signposting to other support available, particularly for new academic staff
All research funding applications need to be costed and approved using the PAM system.
All issues, whether user or technical, should be reported to Pre-Award who will assess the issue and act accordingly. Submissions of tickets via Help Desk will be made by Pre-Award only.