Westwood student accommodation
Westwood is self-catered accommodation for first year undergraduate students and pre-sessional English students in the summer, on the west side of campus.
About this accommodation
Westwood is a self-catered accommodation complex of seven blocks of flats for 654 first year undergraduate students. Pre-sessional English students can also stay here in the summer.
Groups of 16 to 22 students share two or three kitchens and three or four showers and toilets.
There are also studio flats available which are prioritised for students with medical conditions. They have a private en-suite shower and kitchenette.
It is on the west side of campus, a five-minute walk to the Library and Students' Union.
Westwood accommodation has:
- secure swipe card access to buildings
- communal toilets and bathrooms, shared by around five students
- secure bike storage
- 38 week contracts for Mendip, Quarry, Quantock and Conygre
- 40 week contracts for Cotswold, Derhill and Wolfson
The bedrooms in Westwood give you personal space to work and relax.
Each room has:
- standard 91cm x 183cm single bed
- wash basin
- reading light above the bed
- high-speed Wi-Fi and ethernet connection
Kitchens and dining
Each flat has a communal kitchen with:
- electric hobs
- table and chairs
- cupboards and drawers
Accommodation for students with disabilities
There is no accessible accommodation for students with disabilities in the Westwood complex.
If you have a disability or additional needs, you can choose to live in one of the specially adapted bedrooms in our on-campus accommodation.
Westwood accommodation is made up of seven blocks:
Quarry, Mendip and Wolfson have five floors with 25 rooms on each.
Derhill, Quantock, Cotswold and Conygre have five houses per block. Each block has 19 rooms.
Your room details contain your building, floor or house and room number.
For example the room number:
- R1.01 means you are located in Quarry, ground floor, room one
- M1.01 means you are located in Mendip, ground floor, room one
- L2.02 means you are located in Wolfson, second floor, room two
- Y1.01 means you are located in Conygre, house one, room one
- Q2.02 means you are located in Quantock, house two, room two
- T1.01 means you are located in Cotswold, house one, room one
- D1.01 means you are located in Derhill, house one, room one
Included in the accommodation package
These items and services come as part of the price of your accommodation:
- Your post delivered to shared, passcode-protected mailboxes
- Insurance cover for your belongings
- High-speed Wi-Fi and ethernet
- Gas, electric and water bills
- Residential Life and Wellbeing Services
- 24 hour security
You are responsible for keeping your rooms clean and tidy.
At the start of the academic year you can elect a Hall Representative.
The Students’ Union supports Hall Representatives to organise social and community-building events.
Hall Representatives collect student feedback about living in the accommodation. They discuss this with the University and the Students’ Union to make sure your voices are heard.
See our prices for:
Read a blog post about living in Westwood by Jemima, a first year pharmacy student.