The expectation is that all students will arrive for in-person learning by the start of Semester Two.
Studying remotely after attending in-person learning
If you are attending in-person and need to change to studying remotely, you should first discuss your circumstances with your Director of Studies. If your Director of Studies supports your request, please follow the process on this page to report that you are studying remotely.
Starting Semester Two by studying remotely will require prior approval, and a process will be published shortly.
Arrangements for the start of Semester One
If you're a UK student unable to study on campus, please read this guidance.
If you're a taught student and had issues with travel, visas or quarantine that delayed your arrival in Bath, you should have told us before the start of the semester if you needed to study remotely until you were able to travel.
We will support remote learning until your late arrival date as much as possible but this will vary according to the nature of your course (for example, lab-based or practical elements) and other factors (for example, visa status).
If you are on placement in Semester One, you do not need to use this process.
How to inform the University of your late arrival in Semester One
If you were temporarily unable to start your course in-person and on campus from the first week of Semester One, and haven't yet told the University, you must do so. Please state your expected arrival date for on-campus learning, after any quarantine period has ended. If you aren't sure of the date you will start on-campus learning, please make a best guess. You will be reminded to update your record if this date passes.
To update your SAMIS record:
- log in to SAMIS, select Student Home > Student Tasks and ‘Notify us you need to start remotely’
- there is no approval process for arriving late and starting the year remotely. However, the expectation is that you arrive as soon as you can for in-person, on-campus learning.
If you do not tell us, your department will not be able to provide you with suitable support.
What happens next:
- your Director of Studies will be notified automatically that you need to temporarily study remotely
- your department may contact you if you have an agreed Disability Access Plan, or provide a reason that is not related to travel difficulties
- class lists will be updated shortly to confirm you’re studying remotely
- once you arrive in Bath, you must update your SAMIS record.
If you have any questions relating to studying remotely, please contact your Director of Studies.