Work remotely with UniApps and UniDesk
Students and academic staff can use UniApps to access and print files from University-provided software on their own devices.
UniApps and UniDesk
UniApps lets you access your files, use a range of academic software and send items to print on campus from your own computer, smartphone or tablet anywhere with internet access. If you want to acess UniApps via a web browser, it works best using Internet Explorer.
- download the Microsoft Desktop app on any device to access software through the app
- log in online to access UniApps via your web browser
- connect to UniApps via the control panel in Windows 10 and access software from your Start Menu
Use UniDesk to access your University desktop
While UniApps lets you integrate your University apps and files with your home device, you may prefer to access your University desktop on your computer as if you were using a computer on campus. UniDesk can be accessed by clicking on the UniDesk icon in the UniApps webpage or Microsoft Desktop App.
Software available on UniApps
Through UniApps, you can access a number of University-licensed software packages:
- CES EduPack
- ChemDraw Prime
- File Explorer
- IBM SPSS Statistics
- IPython Notebook
- Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Powerpoint and Word)
- MiKTEX Previewer and TeXworks
- Package Manager
- Visual Studio
- Xwin Server