Professor Andrew Heath Academic Director, Centre for Learning & Teaching
Andrew is responsible for strategic planning of the Centre for Learning & Teaching.
Andrew was appointed as the first Academic Director of the Centre for Learning & Teaching in 2016. He oversees strategic direction and is responsible for developing initiatives to support delivery of high quality learning and teaching across the University.
Andrew's team offer a range of support to academic teaching staff and all those involved in supporting learning and teaching. This includes:
- Working with academic departments and The SU Bath to encourage high levels of student engagement
- Providing advice on good practice in curriculum and assessment development and acting as facilitators to support changes to programme design and delivery
- Organising training to support University staff develop their teaching skills and gain recognition and accreditation for excellent teaching practice
- Championing the use of new technologies to broaden and enhance approaches to learning and teaching.
- Laboratory testing and modelling of soils and geopolymers
- Landslide assessment
- Transportation infrastructure engineering
- The use of earth, waste and other sustainable materials in construction
This person is available to supervise research degree projects
- Civil and Environmental Engineering, Master of Science, University of California, Berkeley
- Civil and Environmental Engineering, Doctor of Philosophy, University of California, Berkeley
- Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Science, University of Cape Town