Dr Hazel Corradi SFHEA Academic Staff Developer
Hazel is leading on initiatives to support the professional development of staff who teach and/or research.
Hazel’s key responsibilities are:
- creating resources and supporting writing for all categories of fellowship claims within PHEAF
- facilitating APDaS sessions including the induction, reflective practice, assessment and feedback, the wider context of HE, finding and using the education literature and doctoral supervision
- designing and delivering the training for postgraduates who teach.
- organising the Learning and Teaching Journal Club Conversation with Cake
- developing initiatives and delivering events to support the professional development of academic staff
- supporting staff on a 1-2-1 basis in enhancing their teaching and learning practice
After a PhD and postdoctoral research in protein crystallography, Hazel moved into teaching in 2007. Since then she has been recognised Senior Fellow of the Higher Education academy, promoted to a Senior Teaching Fellow and then took on her current role as an Academic Staff Developer in 2014.
- M.Biochem, University of Bath
- PhD (Structural Biology), University of Bath
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic and Professional Practice (Distinction), University of Bath
- Senior Fellow of the HEA (SFHEA)