Rosie Bennett Centre Manager
Rosie manages activities and networks at the Innovation Centre, and is ambassador for university enterprise internally and externally.
Rosie is part of the enterprise team at the University of Bath SETsquared Innovation Centre. She is responsible for:
- co-ordinating SETsquared services to accelerate your business, for centre and programme members
- managing the graduate enterprise team, the EiR (Entrepreneur in Residence) pool, and the customer support team
- recruiting and co-ordinating a Talent Pool of professional advisors, a Mentor community, and the Bath Tech Investment Network
- participating in business and academic networks for the university, to get new members, mentors and investors
- facilitating introductions, events and new initiatives to support the commercialisation of University research
Rosie is on the Board of Techspark. She also runs the ITGirls Collaborative Meetup and mentoring network; for women who work in the tech sector in the Southwest.
Rosie has experience in broadcast and interactive media, having joined BBC Online in its formative years. In 1999 she moved to Amsterdam, where she launched and ran the entertainment portals for UPC Broadband (a pan European Telecommunications company owned by Liberty Global). She went on to become Production Director of the team that deployed a multilingual interactive TV product on multiple set top box technologies.
On return to the UK, Rosie started her own digital media consultancy and joined Catalyst Venture Partners. She worked with entrepreneurs on raising early stage finance for their companies. Since moving to Bath in 2006, Rosie has been involved with a number of startups and early stage companies as a founder, consultant and mentor. She has been Entrepreneur in Residence at the University of Bath Innovation Centre since 2014, and Centre Manager since October 2017.
Rosie has a degree in American Studies from the University of Manchester and a Masters in Broadcast Journalism from the University of Salford.