Karen Giles Contracts Officer
Providing research contracts between the University and external collaborators.
Karen is responsible for:
- reviewing and negotiating research contracts, including but not limited to collaboration, confidentiality and studentship agreements, and MTAs
- liaising with academics and stakeholders for background information
- ensuring implications for the University are understood and resolved
- preparing research-related agreements with external collaborators
- recording activities and archiving signed contracts
Karen has worked at the University since 2009, initially as a Pre-Award Officer. Before coming to Bath, Karen worked for a UK Research Council, a regional NHS-funded patient registry, a software development office and a private consultancy.