Professor David Galbreath BA, MA, PhD Dean of the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences
David Galbreath is responsible for teaching, research and strategic planning in the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences.
David Galbreath was appointed Dean of the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences in 2016.
David is Professor of International Security in the Department of Politics, Languages & International Studies. His research interests are in comparative national security and defence policy, as well as how science and technology affect war, conflict and violence.
- Director, Centre for War and Technology
- Military and strategic theory
- Emergent warfare
- Science and technology advances
- Arms control
- Force transformation in European militaries (ESRC)
- Emergent science and technology from bio-chemistry (ESRC/DSTL)
- Understanding the role of cultural products in cultural diplomacy
- Forever vigilant? Technology and the rise of boundless warfare (AHRC)
This person is available to supervise research degree projects
David has worked on foreign and security policy, international regime theory and the political and social inquiry around minority politics in Europe for several years. He held a position at the University of Aberdeen before joining the University of Bath in 2010.
David is AHRC-ESRC Conflict Theme Lead Fellow for the Partnership for Conflict, Crime and Security (PaCCS) and Associate Editor European Journal of International Security.