Richard Prowse Deputy Director, Service Design
Rich is responsible for leading the transformation of University services to improve the student and employee experience and deliver value to the organisation.
Rich leads the design and development of end-to-end services that enable the University to meet its strategic objectives by working in partnership with colleagues to align user needs and business requirements.
His areas of focus are:
- leading on the design of user-centred services from user research to implementation
- setting the criteria services must meet (University Service Standard) to deliver a successful user experience
- directing the development of the University's Service Manual, providing colleagues with guidance on how to develop their services and teams
- leading an ongoing programme of Service assessments, helping departments to deliver against agreed priorities to improve the student and employee experience
- acting as a point of escalation for service-based issues, as well as administering exemptions from the University's Service standard
- advising departments on changes to government policy and their potential impact on service delivery
Richard has worked in higher education since 2003, first at University of Leicester, then at Bournemouth University. He joined the University of Bath's Marketing & Communications Department in 2011, as the Digital Content Manager, later becoming Head of Digital.
In July 2019, Rich was appointed as Deputy Director, Service Design, part of the Digital, Data and Technology group, formally known as Computing Services.
Richard has a sociology degree from the University of Leicester.