Professor Peter Wilson Deputy Head of Department
Peter Wilson is Professor of Electronics and Systems Engineering in the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering.
Peter has published more than 150 academic papers, three books and a patent, and has been principal investigator on numerous EPSRC grants. He is the supervisor of the Team Bath Racing Electric (TBRe) formula student electric racing team at Bath, co-supervisor of the Bath Zero Emissions Motorcycle racing team, and leads postgraduate teaching developments in the Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering.
- Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Currently serving as Executive Vice President of the IEEE Power Electronics Society
- Behavioural modelling and simulation
- Power electronics system modelling and analysis
- Autonomous systems and robotics
- Intelligent systems
- Neurmorphic computing
- Renewable energy system design and analysis
This person is open to proposals for student research projects
Peter has industrial experience at Ferranti, GEC-Marconi, Analogy, Inc. prior to taking up his previous academic post of Associate Professor at Southampton in the School of Electronics and Computer Science.
Peter received his BEng from Heriot-Watt University, MBA from Edinburgh Business School and PhD from the University of Southampton.