Caroline Quest Director, Research and Innovation Services
Responsible for leading the University’s Research and Innovations Services, helping position the University for future success in a competitive environment.
Caroline Quest was appointed Director of RIS in August 2019. She has expertise in strategy, management, business and research development, change management, policy, organisational development and leadership.
As Director of RIS, Caroline is responsible for:
- grant submissions, acceptance and finance
- large and strategic grants, including through the government's Industrial Strategy
- research project management
- industrial partnerships
- research commercialisation, including protecting Intellectual Property
- research and commercialisation contracts
- enterprise development
- the Bath SETsquared Innovation Centre
Caroline is specialist in building and managing knowledge-intensive businesses, collaborations, social enterprises, and operations.
Before joining the University, Caroline was a Consultant specialising in higher education, research commercialisation and knowledge exchange. Prior to that she was Director of Research and Enterprise at the University of Leicester (2012-16), Director of Enterprise and Innovation at Queen Mary University of London (2004-12), and Director of Knowledge Transfer at King's College London (2001-04).
Caroline has a Masters in Business Administration and degrees in Social Policy and Administration.