Oliver Schofield Doctoral Engagement Manager
Member of the University of Bath internal coaching network
Oli is responsible for enhancing the doctoral student experience across the university. He leads on student events within the Doctoral College, as well as student induction and leading on a portfolio of different projects, including postgraduates who teach, doctoral health and safety and mental health.
His approach to coaching is creative, supportive, and has a focus on the professional development of staff.
Specific areas of interest in relation to coaching:
- Early career professionals new and aspiring managers
- Planning and organisational skills
- Professional development
- Career management
Oli started his career within the field of student peer learning, coordinated these schemes at an institutional level, as well as providing support to students and supporting staff. He was a programme leader of a ILM Level 3 Award in Mentoring and has experience of developing staff and teams.
- ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership & Management
- Mental Health First Aider, MHFA England
- MA in Education (Learning & Teaching), University of Bath
- BA (Hons) English Language, Linguistics, University of Salford