Oliver Schofield Doctoral Training and Development Manager
Member of the University of Bath internal coaching network and the doctoral coaching network.
Oli's role as Doctoral Training and Development Manager is within the University Doctoral College, responsible for the learning and development needs of our doctoral students. As part of his role, Oli manages the doctoral training programme and associated development activities to support doctoral students. He has a background in peer-to-peer learning, facilitation as well as coaching and mentoring. Oli leads the Doctoral College’s Coaching network.
His approach to coaching is creative, supportive, and thought-provoking.
Specific areas of interest in relation to coaching:
- New and aspiring managers
- Self management skills
- Time management
- Planning and organisational skills
- Professional development
- Career management
- Relationships with others
Oli has had a number of roles within the HE sector, both within the University and Student’ Union environment. Oli is a trained facilitator with a strong interest in coaching, mentoring and peer to peer learning.
Oli leads the doctoral coaching network, has coached on leadership development programmes and is a member of the GW4 Talent and Skills Steering Group.
Outside of the University, Oli has been involved with NUS working with Student Unions’ to develop, and has been a member of regional and national peer learning advisory groups.
- ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- CIPD Level 5 Diploma in Learning and Development
- ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership & Management
- Mental Health First Aider, MHFA England
- MA in Education (Learning & Teaching), University of Bath
- BA (Hons) English Language, Linguistics, University of Salford
- Regular CPD sessions with Sharon Charlton-Thomson, Leadership Coaching