Dr Paul Shepherd MA, PhD, CMath, CSci, FIMA, SFHEA Dr Paul Shepherd - Reader
Paul is a Reader in Computational Design in the Department of Architecture & Civil Engineering, and focuses on developing computer-based methods and tools.
- Development of new computer-based tools for both architects and engineers to help with the creation, optimisation and realisation of complex geometry buildings
This person is available to supervise research degree projects
Dr Paul Shepherd was appointed Research Fellow in the Department of Architecture & Civil Engineering in 2007 and is now Lecturer in Digital Architectonics.
- Outreach and Widening Participation Representative
- Director of Postgraduate Research
- Civil Engineering Erasmus Coordinator
- Member of the Centre for Advanced Studies in Architecture (CASA)
On completion of his PhD, Paul joined the Special Structures group of Buro Happold. Paul worked on landmark projects such as the Stuttgart21 Rail Station, the Japan Pavilion for the Hanover2000 Expo, the Emirates Stadium at Arsenal and the Aviva Stadium at Lansdowne Road in Dublin.
- MA in mathematics, Cambridge University
- PhD in Civil & Structural Engineering, University of Sheffield