Dr Sally King Evidence and Evaluation Coordinator
Working with academic and research support staff to evidence and evaluate the impact of their research, focusing on impact case study submissions for REF 2020.
Sally is responsible for supporting academics and research support staff to identify, capture and evidence the impact of their research through:
- advising on pathways to impact and research impact planning
- advising on approaches to monitoring and evaluation of impact
- providing support around gathering evidence of impact
- supporting the Research Excellence Framework (REF) process, with a focus on delivering high quality REF impact case studies
- supporting the communication and dissemination of our impactful research
- helping to embed a culture of impact across the university
Before joining the Impact team at Bath, Sally worked as Research Assistant at De Montfort University. In this role she supported Arts, Design and Humanities researchers with evidencing, writing and refining their REF Impact Case Studies. Sally held this position while working on her PhD in the English Literature department. She has also taught English and French to undergraduate students and worked as a translator both in-house and freelance.
- PhD Translation and Adaptation Studies, De Montfort University, 2019
- MA Translation Studies, Cardiff University, 2012
- BA French and Mathematics, Cardiff University, 2011