Professor Davide Mattia CEng, FIChemE Faculty of Engineering & Design Associate Dean (Research)
Davide is responsible for coordinating and promoting research initiatives across the Faculty.
Professor Davide Mattia was appointed Associate Dean (Research) in 2017.
- Manufacturing of biodegradable microbeads: BIOBEADS
- Photocatalytic anodic metal membranes for micropollutant removal: FoAMM
- 1D and 2D nanostructured hybrid membranes for water treatment: SynFabFun
- Process intensification using membranes: Terpenes and PLA
This person is open to proposals for student research projects
Davide joined the Department of Chemical Engineering as a Lecturer in 2008 after earning an MEng Degree (Laurea) from University ‘Federico II’, Naples, Italy and a PhD from Drexel University in USA.
In 2010, he was awarded a prestigious five-year Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellowship.
In 2014, he was elected a Fellow of the Institution of Chemical Engineers and currently serves on the council of the European Membrane Society (2017-2021) and on the EPSRC Engineering Strategy Advisory Team (2017-2020).
In 2016, Davide was awarded a Chair in Chemical Engineering in recognition of his contributions to the field of membrane science and technology.
In 2017, he was awarded an EPSRC Established Career Fellowship in Water Engineering.
- Laurea in Materials Engineering, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- PhD in Materials Engineering, Drexel University, United States