Jamie Whitaker Head of Contracts
Responsibility for overseeing the Research and Commercialisation Contracts team and leading complex legal and contractual negotiations when required.
- communicating the strategic goals of the team to academic departments and professional services
- advising senior management on the financial implications of accepting research contracts
- assessing levels of risk in accepting research contracts and escalating where necessary
- developing a strategic plan for an integrated service with other RIS teams
- identifying any necessary process or practice improvements for an efficient and expert contracts service
Jamie originally worked at Bangor University as a general administrator, having completed his degree there, before moving into Contracts administration in the University Research and Enterprise office. Following this, in 2014, he moved to the University of Cambridge as a contracts manager for the Research Operations Office, handling contracts for the School of Technology. In 2018 he moved to a Senior Contracts Manager position in the School of Clinical Medicine, before taking up the Head of Contracts role at Bath in 2020.