Professor Andrew Burrows FRSC, SFHEA Head of Department of Chemistry
Andy is responsible for the teaching, research and strategic planning of the Department of Chemistry.
- Porous materials such as metal-organic frameworks and porous organic polymers
- Post-synthetic modification reactions
- Metastable materials
- Adsorption and release of biological molecules from porous hosts
- Hydrogen storage
Andrew has published over 140 research papers and reviews and is also co-author of the leading undergraduate textbook Chemistry³, published by Oxford University Press.
This person is available to supervise research degree projects
- Postdoctoral research fellowship at the Université Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg with Professor Pierre Braunstein (1992-1993)
- Lecturer at Imperial College London (1994-1995)
- Lecturer/Reader/Professor at the University of Bath (1996-present)
- BA (Hons), University of Oxford, 1988
- DPhil in cluster chemistry, University of Oxford, 1992 with Professor Mike Mingos