Dr Denise Cooke Head of Knowledge Exchange
Responsible for developing, implementing, and delivering the University’s Knowledge Exchange (KE) strategy to maximise KE income and performance.
Denise is responsible for:
- securing institutional funding to support KE at the University
- managing and developing a KE team to support and enable a full range of KE activities
- leading KE strategy, policy and practice development
- strategically planning and delivering the University’s submission to the Knowledge Exchange Framework (KEF)
- leading the University’s approach to the KE concordat
Denise has been at Bath since 2009, in a variety of Knowledge Exchange (KE) roles. Within RIS, she managed the Knowledge Transfer Account and subsequent Impact Acceleration Accounts. She was the Research Impact Manager and then Head of CPD. She spent time in academic departments, managing the Centre for Digital Entertainment, the Institute of Coding and most recently STOP: a global tobacco industry watchdog. Denise has run a software house and has also worked as a consultant. Previously, she worked at the University of the West of England and Aberystwyth University.
Denise has an honours degree in Analytical Science from the National Institute of Higher Education, Dublin and a PhD in Biochemistry from the University of Wales.