Richard Hocking Head of Post-Award and Project Management
Responsible for overseeing project management support for externally funded research projects and the Post-Award financial administration.
Richard was appointed Head of Post-Award and Project Management in 2016. He is responsible for leading and managing the successful delivery of the University’s Research Project Portfolio. The role includes:
- overseeing the management and administration provided from the Research Project Management Service (RPMS) team to academic staff
- the financial administration of current research projects, including audits and claims to sponsors
- project closure, including reporting and audit compliance
- developing and managing relationships with private sector partner businesses and funders
- strategic planning and risk management
- development and promotion of RPMS to stakeholders
Before joining Bath, Richard managed large NIHR and CRUK infrastructure awards through the NHS and Universities at Bristol, UCL and King’s College London. Prior to this he was a Grants Adviser at the Wellcome Trust, a Research Manager at the National Institute for Medical Research, and a Research Assistant at the Sanger Institute, Cambridge, as part of the Human Genome Project.
Richard has a BSc in Biochemistry with a Year in Industry from the University of Kent, an MRes in Biological Research Methods from Exeter University, and an MBA (Master of Business Administration) from the Open University Business School.