Mrs Ciara Newby Dip CIM Head of Undergraduate Recruitment (International)
Manages international recruitment and international school relationships.
Ciara is Head of Undergraduate Recruitment (International) and manages international recruitment and international school relationships.
Ciara has worked in international student recruitment since 2016, though her involvement in working with students spans much further. Initially qualifying as a Spanish and French teacher, Ciara spent ten years working in an international schools group overseas, as a teacher, head of department and senior leader.
As an advocate of the benefits of Higher Education for all, she chose to change the direction of her career when she returned to the UK.
Ciara is an elected member of BUILA (British Universities International Liaison Association) and regularly represents the organisation through training and development opportunities.
- CIM Diploma in Marketing (2020)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Promoting Learning, University of Gloucester (2005-2006)
- Graduate Teacher Programme leading to QTS (2003-2004)
- MA Modern Languages, Newcastle University (2001-2002)
- BA (Hons) Spanish, University of Leeds (1997-2001)