Andy Riggs Interim Deputy Director of Finance
Member of the University of Bath internal coaching network.
Andy is passionate about developing individuals and teams and has done this for many years across several different universities. He is an ICF accredited coach and has a coaching style that creates a safe space to gain perspective and clarity and to be able to move forward with greater confidence and momentum.
Particular areas of interest in relation to coaching:
- Moving towards thriving
- Work transitions
- Building confidence, resilience and finding your voice
- Leadership of self and teams
- Creativity in coaching
- Empowering mid managers
Andy has been working in a range of finance roles within Higher Education for more than 25 years. The University of Bath is the ninth university to work for and he has been Director of Finance at five universities. Previous universities include Coventry University, The University of Sheffield, UWE, The Royal Veterinary College (part of the University of London), LAMDA (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts) and Chester University.
Working as an Interim FD, he brings creativity, innovation and varied experience to add value for each new assignment. Andy is also an ICF accredited executive coach and has a separate coaching practice. He brings a coaching-led approach to all his roles.
- BSc Geography, University of Nottingham
- MBA, Manchester Metropolitan University
- FCA, Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- ICF (International Coaching Federation) accredited, ACC (Associate Certified Coach)
- working towards PCC (Professional Certified Coach) accreditation
- Practitioner Diploma in Executive Coaching, Academy of Executive Coaches
- Mindful Coach certification, Learning in Action
- Prince2 practitioner
- Regular supervision meetings with Claire Pedrick MCC, 3D Coaching