Dr Marian Mackintosh Research and Evaluation Officer
Marian analyses and evaluates the work of the Widening Participation Office in order to assess the impact of different events and to inform programme design.
Marian is the Research and Evaluation Officer in the Widening Participation Office. Evaluation and research into widening participation activity is a key requirement of the Office for Fair Access (OFFA).
Working within our Evaluation Framework Marian is responsible for monitoring and evaluating outreach and student success activities in order to measure impact and inform programme design.
She also analyses progression patterns of under-represented groups to inform contextual admissions. Marian works across all our stakeholder groups including students, teachers at schools and colleges, academic staff, Widening Participation staff and support services staff across the university.
- Barriers to progression to higher education
- How to measure impact of widening participation programmes
- Equality and diversity issues
- Assessing attainment
- Progression of disadvantaged students into Higher Education.
- Evaluating the work of the Widening Participation Office at the University of Bath.
- Evaluation of the Wessex Inspiration Network (WIN) National Collaborative Outreach Programme (NCOP).
Marian has a PhD in Social Statistics and an MSc in Demography as well as 30 years of experience in social and economic research. She has worked within the commercial, public, private, academic and voluntary sectors. Her work has focussed on social data analysis and research projects including evaluation work and systematic reviews of various social policy topics.
- PhD Social Statistics – University of Southampton
- MSc Demography – LSE University of London
- BA(Hons) Geography – University of Exeter