Nick Cook Research Development Manager
Nick supports academics in their research ambitions through expert funding advice, strategic planning and developing high-quality funding proposals.
Nick is Research Development Manager for engineering and the physical sciences in Research and Innovation Services (RIS). He also supports Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) proposals.
His work includes identifying opportunities and developing high-quality research proposals relevant to the:
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
- Royal Academy of Engineering (RAEng)
- Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)
- Royal Society
As part of the Research Grant Development team, Nick facilitates workshops and provides skills training for improving grant proposal outcomes.
Nick has an industrial background, having spent his early career working in the polymer industry. More recently he worked for the EPSRC on a variety of thematic areas. Nick has also spent some time working for the Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), supporting research funding projects.
- BEng (Hons) in Polymer Science and Technology
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)