Dr Hannah Durrant Research Programme Lead
Hannah leads the IPR’s research strategy and programme and is currently leading projects on big data and policy and the role of evidence in policymaking.
Hannah’s role includes:
- developing and delivering the IPR’s research strategy
- leading research projects and activities in core areas of IPR research expertise
- developing interdisciplinary research capacity and research project applications
- project managing larger scale research studies
- overseeing the delivery of IPR research outputs
- establishing and building relationships between the policy world and our research
Hannah is current supervising a doctoral student working on public engagement with big data.
- big data and public policy
- the role of evidence, knowledge and expertise in policymaking processes
- governance analysis as a conceptual approach to understanding public policy
- the governance of economic and social policy reform in the UK and Europe
- Connecting data across public services in Bath & North East Somerset
- Connecting data: understanding social care demand
- The Evidence Information Service
- Collaborating to deliver social prescribing
Hannah obtained her PhD in Social and Policy Science from the University of Bath in 2012. She is an experienced public policy researcher and project manager that has worked in both academic and policy settings. She has an established track record in winning grant awards from both UK and EU research and intervention funds.