Dr Matt Clarke Research Software Engineer
Matt helps academics increase their research outputs through optimal use of research software and high performance computing.
- advise on optimal use of high performance computing (HPC) within all areas of research
- support the deployment and use of HPC in research
- assist the development of sustainable research software practices
Matt specialises in developing workflows that facilitate reproducible and faster computational research.
He has worked within a broad range of fields, including:
- lithium-ion transport across grain boundaries in solid-state batteries
- modelling fluid flow in bioreactors and offshore drilling rigs
- parameter fitting codes for wastewater modelling
- MRes in Sustainable Chemical Technologies, University of Bath
- MEng in Chemical Engineering, University of Bath
- PhD in Chemistry, University of Bath
During his doctoral studies, Matt explored grain boundaries and ion doping effects on lithium-ion transport in solid electrolyte materials.