Dr Rachael Carkett NTF, PFHEA, SFSEDA Senior Academic Staff Developer
Rachael is Director of the Bath Scheme.
Rachael’s main responsibilities are:
- Director of the Bath Scheme for the Professional Recognition of Teaching and Supporting Learning in HE
- developing initiatives and delivering events to support the professional development of academic staff
- supporting staff on a 1-2-1 basis in enhancing their teaching and learning practice
Rachael has been an Accreditor with the Higher Education Academy since 2006 and is involved in the accreditation of initial professional development programmes and CPD schemes in HEIs nationally and internationally. This role also involves reviewing individual fellowship and National Teaching Fellow applications. Rachael continues her roles as an External Examiner and Reviewer of Professional Development Programmes and Schemes in several HEIs. She is an External Panel member for the Shannon Consortium Regional Teaching Awards held annually at the University of Limerick. A SEDA PDF mentor and accreditor Rachael supports the development of programmes in HEIs in the UK and internationally.
Rachael’s current professional interests include inclusivity; supporting learning and teaching in the disciplines; approaches to supporting and recognising continuing professional development activities.
A mature student, Rachael completed her degrees at Plymouth University where she held a variety of roles as Research Assistant and Lecturer. Rachael moved from her discipline of Psychology into Educational Development in 2000. She has held roles as Principal Lecturer, Learning and Teaching consultant, leading and managing professional development programmes at Plymouth University and Teesside University before moving to Bath in 2008.
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology, University of Plymouth
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychological Research Methods (Distinction), University of Plymouth
- Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in HE, University of Plymouth
- PhD (Computing & Psychology), University of Plymouth
- ILM Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- Strengthscope Practitioner
- Principal Fellow of the HEA (PFHEA)
- Senior Fellow of the Staff and Educational Development Association (SFSEDA)
- National Teaching Fellow (NTF)