David Williams Technical Manager
David works in the Faculty of Engineering & Design and is responsible for Technical Services in Architecture & Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
David is responsible for the provision of technical support in the Departments of Architecture & Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. This includes:
- management and supervision of technical staff
- management of technical facilities
- care and maintenance of faculty buildings
- acting as Health and Safety Coordinator for both departments
David is the Institutional Lead for the Technician Commitment and passionate about raising the profile of technical staff within the University.
After periods as a secondary school science teacher and school science technician, David joined the University of Bath in 2012 as soils technician in the Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering. Since starting at the University David has also been involved with the 2nd year Civil Engineering geology and surveying field trip and leads the geology aspect of the course.
In 2014 he took up the role of Technical Supervisor, responsible for the technical staff and provision in the same department. During this time he was involved in significant changes including the building of 4 East South and new workshop facilities there, and the subsequent refurbishment of facilities in 6 East. He started his current role in 2017.
- ILM5 Certificate in Leadership and Management
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
- Professional Graduate Certificate of Education (Geology), Keele University
- BSc (Hons) in Geology, University of Bristol