Steven leads the Advancing Research Computing (ARC) team. He has over 15 years of developing, promoting and being an advocate for research computing.
Advancing Research Computing Team
We support the use of Research Computing for all Departments and Faculties across the University.
The Advancing Research Computing team supports and accelerates scientific discovery at the University by:
- giving our academic community access to a powerful cloud High Performance Computing (HPC) service
- helping our researchers process and analyse very large data sets, and perform complex computational tasks
- supporting the development of reproducible research and sustainable software practices through collaborations with Research Software Engineers
- providing consultancy services and training courses
- promoting and sharing best practices with the research community
- assisting in the development and costing of research projects
Our aim is to provide you with an excellent research computing service. We welcome your feedback and suggestions.
Stefano is a member of the Advancing Research Computing (ARC) team and is developing cloud solutions for HPC applications
Abhishek develops and maintains the University’s cloud high performance computing (HPC) and on-campus high throughput computing (HTC) environment.
Conn supports the development of sustainable research software for the University community
Georgie is a member of the ARC team, splitting her time between the STOP project in the Department for Health and helping with software workshops and training.
Matt helps academics increase their research outputs through optimal use of research software and high performance computing.
Rebecca manages the activities and finances of externally funded research projects.
Sanne manages and delivers ARC's communication strategy to ensure a successful transition to cloud research computing at Bath.