Centre for Advanced Separations Engineering (CASE) team
We specialise in separations research and consultancy. Read about the chemical engineers and scientists that make up the team.
Based in the Department of Chemical Engineering, CASE brings together extensive expertise at the University of Bath across multi-faceted areas of separations research and consultancy.
Our skills encompass:
- molecular modelling
- materials development
- fouling mitigation
- process optimisation and integration
The University has a rich heritage in separations, which began with the Membrane Research Centre, set up in the 1990s by Professor John Howell. More recently, the Membrane@Bath research network, created by Dr Darrell Patterson, highlighted the critical mass of researchers working on advanced separations, which led to CASE being established in 2016.
CASE is now one of the top research centres at the University, with significant recent investment in both its equipment and staff.
Core CASE members
- Dr Michael Bird, Senior Lecturer
- Dr Bernardo Castro-Dominguez, Lecturer
- Dr John Chew, Senior Lecturer
- Prof Tina Düren, Deputy Head of Department (Deputy CASE Director)
- Dr Carmelo Herdes Moreno, Lecturer
- Dr Matthew Lennox, Lecturer
- Prof Davide Mattia, Professor
- Prof Tim Mays, Head of Department
- Prof Semali Perera, Professor (CASE Director)
- Serena Casanova
- Ejaz Ahmed
- Abouther Al-Shimmery
- David Williamson
- James Coombs Obrien
- Caitlin Taylor
- Megan Thompson
- Thomas Alexander
- Mike Kallo