Equality and Diversity Committee
We are responsible for the promotion of equality of opportunity across the University.
We are responsible to Council and Senate for the promotion of equality of opportunity across the University. We engage with equality and diversity issues affecting staff and students. We raise awareness of issues and develop University policies and action plans on equality and diversity.
You can read the responsibilities of the committee in the terms of reference.
Terms of office expire on 31 July in the year stated.
- David Galbreath (Chair), Dean of the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences, term of office 2022
- Richard Brooks, Director of Human Resources, term of office ex-officio
- Anthony Payne, Director of Student Services, term of office ex-officio
- Lizzi Milligan and Aurelien Mondon (Chair), Equality and Diversity Network, term of office ex-officio
- Mike Nicholson, Director of Student Recruitment and Admissions, term of office ex-officio
- Eve Alcock, SU President, term of office ex-officio
- Alisha Lobo, SU Community Officer, term of office ex-officio
- Mrs C Mealing-Jones, lay member appointed by Council, term of office 2020
- Marion Harney, member appointed by Senate, term of office 2020
- Vacant, member appointed by the Equality and Diversity Network, term of office 2020
- Mandy Wilson-Garner, member nominated by the Students' Union, term of office 2020
- Christopher Lai, elected student representative
- Souvik Saha, elected student representative
The term of office for elected and appointed members is three years (renewable). For students it is one year (renewable). Up to three co-opted members are permitted, sought on the basis of their expertise in the area and may include members to the university.