Equality and Diversity
The team provides advice and good practice to the University around equality, diversity and inclusion.
Building an inclusive environment while providing advice, support and guidance on equality and diversity-related issues.
Members of the team
- advising on and guiding the effective development and continuous improvement of university systems, policies and processes so that they are inclusive
- leading a team in the operational delivery of equality, diversity and inclusion projects including, anti-harassment campaigns, raising awareness initiatives and social change activity such as Athena Swan
- creating and delivering training and coaching packages, crafting a resource of exercises and workshops that the ED&I community can access and utilise
influence and communicate effectively with all stakeholders internally and externally to the University, developing strong partnerships
- supporting University and Departments with Athena SWAN submissions from initial stages of producing departmental data packs to providing tailored advice and guidance during final submission stages
- creating a hub of tools, resources and tailored products as well as shared best practice when it comes to Athena SWAN and E&D data for University
- being a single point of contact and a dedicated resource at the University for any Athena SWAN enquiries and Equalities data
Leads the strategic design, development and implementation of the University’s solutions to complex equality, diversity and inclusion challenges within a framework of relevant legislation and best practice. This includes:
Coordinating, supporting and advising on departmental and institutional Athena SWAN submissions and producing Athena SWAN data packs for departments: