We help academic staff build relationships with industry partners, apply for funding and manage projects in support of internal and external strategies.
Our responsibilities include:
- helping our researchers to identify ways to connect with industry
- facilitating new relationships with industry and inter-disciplinary research collaborators
- finding ways to fund research, through the government’s Industrial Strategy and/or private investment
- assessing funding applications for industry-linked research and help to build a winning bid
- supporting the development of scalable business interactions with research groups and individuals
- linking your commercialisation experts with our world-class SetSquared Business Incubator
Industrial Partnership Managers
Our IPMs provide advice and guidance to academics on business-led research:
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs)
Connecting you to enterprise and innovation
We can also connect you with the Technology Transfer team, who assist with invention protection and development, and licensing, as well as Enterprise and Regional Development team, who support high-growth businesses and the entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers who create them.