Physical Culture, Sport and Health Research Group members
View the membership of the Physical Culture, Sport and Health Research Group.
The research of the group aims to contribute to critical and innovative insights across a range of contemporary issues and challenges in health, sport and physical cultural contexts.
Our interdisciplinary group conducts socio-cultural research on health, physical activity and cultural practices. We investigate how embodied experiences are shaped by broader political, economic, social-cultural, and technological contexts. Addressing and transforming inequalities is central to what we do. Our research within physical culture, sport and health is focused on addressing a number of grand challenges and over the past Research Excellence Framework cycle we have examined these issues across four interrelated research areas such as well-being, digital cultures, sustainable cities and communities, and education and development.
- Professor Emma Rich, Professor and Research Group Director
- Dr Sheree Bekker, Lecturer
- Dr Anthony Bush, Senior Lecturer
- Dr Bryan Clift, Lecturer
- Dr Nikki Coghill, Lecturer
- Dr Jessica Francombe-Webb, Senior Lecturer
- Dr Andrew Manley, Senior Lecturer
- Dr Haydn Morgan, Lecturer
- Dr Darragh McGee, Lecturer
- Dr Stephanie Merchant, Lecturer
- Dr Brad Millington, Senior Lecturer
- Dr Shaun Williams, Teaching Fellow
- Carl Bescoby, Postgraduate research student
- Victoria Christodoulides, Postgraduate research student
- Zoe Jeffery, Postgraduate research student
- Niamh Ni Shuilleabhain, Postgraduate research student
- Imene Taibi, Postgraduate research student