Social Science Research Ethics Committee (SSREC)
We scrutinise the ethical implications of research grant proposals submitted to external funding bodies by University staff with a view to their endorsement.
This committee complies with the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Research Ethics Framework.
It is a sub-committee of the Academic Ethics and Integrity Committee.
Staff and PhD students funded by the ESRC should seek ethical approval through SSREC rather than their own departmental committee. However staff and PhD students from the Department of Psychology and Department for Health should seek ethical approval through Psychology Research Ethics Committee (PREC) and Research Ethics Approval Committee for Health (REACH) respectively.
View the terms of reference for responsibilities of this committee.
- Dr Darragh McGee, Department for Health (Chair)
- Dr Kate Woodthorpe, Department of Social & Policy Sciences Research Ethics Officer
- Dr Alistair Hunt, Department of Economics Research Ethics Officer
- Dr Santiago Sanchez, Department of Education Research Ethics Officer
- Dr Jorge Marco, Department of Politics, Languages & International Studies Research Ethics Officer
- Dr Chris Ashwin, Department of Psychology Research Ethics Officer
- Dr Tahiru Liedong, School of Management Research Ethics Officer
- Brit Davidson, School of Management
- Rachel Wilder, Department of Education
- Neil Howard, Department of Social & Policy Sciences
- Jeremy Dixon, Department of Social & Policy Sciences
- Mr Chris Garcia, Lay member
Committee meeting dates, application forms and guidance can be found on the SSREC wiki.
To download these files, you must be connected to the University of Bath network or log in with your University username and password.
Please note that the summaries and minutes of meetings of Council published above exclude information which the University has declared will not be routinely published under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Further information about the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (including the reasons why such information is exempt from publication). If you have any queries about business conducted by Council and cannot find reference to it in the summaries/minutes published here, please contact Rebecca Wise.