Get involved in Freshers' Week
Freshers' Week is Monday 26 September to Sunday 2 October 2016. Come to Students' Union events to meet people, join societies and discover opportunities.
What happens during Freshers' Week
Freshers’ Week is a week of events, activities and taster sessions to help you meet people, make friends and find out about the clubs, societies and everything else the Students’ Union (SU) has to offer.
You can get involved in Freshers' Week if you're an undergraduate or postgraduate student.
- Sports Day – find out about our 48 sports clubs
- Activities Day – find out about our societies and student groups
- the Campus Challenge
- Freshers’ Fair, with stalls run by the SU, the University and external businesses
- a series of club nights with different themes every night
- demonstrations and taster sessions from clubs and societies
- a series of evening events, like comedy nights, murder mysteries, quizzes and coffee crawls
Get your Freshers' Week wristband
There are two official wristbands for Freshers' Week.
The Ultimate wristband gets you into all Freshers' Week events, including the evening parties.
If you don't plan on going to the parties, you can buy the alternative wristband. This will give you access to all Freshers' Week events except the evening parties.
You must have an official wristband to go to some Freshers’ Week events.
You can buy either wristband online from Monday 12 September 2016, exclusively through the Students' Union website.
Only official wristbands purchased through the Students' Union website are valid. Watch out for fake wristbands that are sold or promoted elsewhere. These won't get you into Freshers' Week events, and you can't exchange them for official wristbands.
You must complete registration before you can buy a wristband.
Get updates and meet your fellow students online
You can find out more about Freshers' Week from: