The membership of the Committee is at the discretion of the Dean who acts as Chair of the Committee.
Terms of Reference
To advise the Dean on:
(1) the development of strategy and policy at school/ faculty level in relation to learning, teaching, research and enterprise and its implementation.
(2) preparation of the faculty's annual plan (including financial projections and risk register) for submission as required by the University's annual planning process.
(3) monitoring and review of the performance and activities of the faculty in relation to learning, teaching, research and enterprise.
(4) monitoring performance against the annual plan, with provision made for the Faculty Accountant to attend meetings for relevant items.
(5) management, operation and resourcing issues within the faculty, including staffing matters (such as academic staff progression) and resource requirements (such as space allocation, equipment and staffing).
(6) any other relevant matters relating to the faculty.
Attendance at meetings of the Committee by persons other than members of the Committee is by invitation only. Any such attendance must be approved by the Chair in advance of the meeting. It is expected that the Faculty Accountant would be invited to attend meetings for relevant items. The Committee will normally meet on a monthly basis.
Submitted to the University Executive Committee.
Approval date: 16 February 2011
Approved by: Executive Committee
Date of last review: