Our approach to ethics
We seek to act responsibly, do positive good and avoid causing harm. We expect our staff and students to be aware of ethical considerations, and act in an ethical manner.
All staff and students must adhere to the highest ethical standards in all their conduct.
Our comprehensive ethical framework is overseen by the Ethics Committee.
Policies and procedures
Our policies and procedures provide a clear understanding of what we expect from staff, students, collaborators, agents and contractors when on University business.
These include the following:
- Code of Ethics
- Code of Ethical Fundraising Practice
- Sustainable Procurement Policy
- Recruitment and Selection Code of Practice
- Health and Safety Policies
- Energy, sustainability and environmental policies
- Financial regulations, policies and procedures
- Whistleblowing procedure
Research ethics and integrity
Our research ethics and integrity guidance sets out:
- the principles applicable to research, enterprise and consultancy projects
- links to the University’s ethics committees
- a range of research ethics resources