Accessing your University email and calendar
Different ways that you can access and install your email and calendar on various devices.
Access through a web browser
Outlook Web App (OWA) is the simplest way you can access your University email and calendar, using your web browser on any device.
- Log into OWA at mail.bath.ac.uk.
- Enter your University username, like abc123, and password. Your username is on your library card.
Access through Outlook
You can install Outlook on most devices, including your computer, tablet and mobile phone.
Outlook gives you quick access to your email and calendar without logging in every time, with a similar look and feel on every device.
Windows and Mac laptop and desktop
On a University computer
If you are using a University computer, Outlook 2013 should already be installed. You may need to enter your password the first time you use it.
On your personal Windows or Mac laptop or desktop computer
You can install Office 365 ProPlus for free. You can use this throughout your time at the University.
When you have installed it, open Outlook and enter your University email address, like firstname.lastname@example.org, and password.
iOS and Android mobile devices
You can install Outlook apps for your iPhone, iPad or Android phone or tablet:
- download Outlook for your iPhone or iPad from the AppStore
- download Outlook for your Android phone or tablet from the Play Store
After installing the app, enter your University email address, like email@example.com, and password.
Access through other clients
There are alternative clients for accessing your email and calendar, however Outlook is the client that we support. Here are are number of options:
When you set up your email account, make sure you:
- select "Exchange" as the account type
- enter your University email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org
- enter your University password
During setup, you may need to accept the 'ActiveSync' security settings for your device. Find out about our policy.