Download and install Microsoft Office on your personal device
You can download Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus to your own Windows computer, Mac, smartphone or tablet for free.
What you get
If you are a student or member of staff, you can install Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for free on up to five personal devices.
When you leave the University, your Office 365 license will end. You will still be able to use Office in read-only mode until you buy your own license.
Office 2016 for Windows:
- Skype for Business
Office 2016 for Mac:
Office apps for iPhone, iPad, Android devices or Windows Phone 10:
The software available does not include Project, Visio or InfoPath. If you need to use these programs on your personal device, you can use UniDesk.
Download and install Office
To download Office, you need:
- your University email address, for example, 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
- your University password
Your University email is made up of your username, for example, 'abc12', followed by '@bath.ac.uk'. You can find your username on your library card. If you are a member of staff, you cannot use your 'email@example.com' email address.
- Go to portal.office.com.
- Add your University email then click outside the email box. The page will automatically update to say 'University of Bath'.
- Add your University password and click 'Sign in'.
- Click 'Install now' on a Windows or Mac computer, or tap the individual icons if you are using a smartphone or tablet.
- The software will install and ask you to log in. You must use your University email address and password again.
When you create files using Office, they will be saved on your personal hard drive. You should save University-related files to your H: drive using files.bath. This means you will be able to access them online from any other device.