Information about the Library for University of Bath Open Days
A summary of the services provided by the library for prospective students and families visiting campus during regular University of Bath Open Day events.
An introduction to the Library
Our Library is open 24 hours a day all year. Do come and have a look round while you're on campus. You might also be interested to know that:
- During semesters, Library staff are available to help from 9am-7pm Mon-Fri and 10am-5pm Sat-Sun. Library staff are also available 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday, during vacations.
- The Library holds over 360,000 printed books and 200 current print journals.
- The Library's online resources are available to students and staff from anywhere, around campus or from home! - These include over 440,000 e-books and 24,000 e-journals.
- We also provide over 90 electronic databases which students can use to search for information across a wide range of literature.
- The Library has 1,420 study spaces and more than 500 PCs with wireless access throughout.
Tours of the Library on Open Day
We'll be running guided tours of the Library, at: - 10:30am - 11:30am - 12:30 - 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Please just meet us in the Library foyer if you'd like to join a tour.
Printed copies of the tour will be available from the Library stand at the Information Fair and in the Library foyer.
If you'd prefer to look round by yourself, you can download a PDF self-guided tour.
Campus maps are available online. The Library is building no.1 on the map, a large glass-fronted building located in the centre of the campus on 'The Parade'.
Do come and see us at the Information Fair if you have any questions!