University of Bath

Request a University funded device

As a member of staff, you may be able to request a device for work use. Please refer to your department finance team regarding funding advice.

Staff using computer devices
Come and see us on level 2 of the Library for advice

Contact your IT supporter with your requirements

The purchase of all IT and AV hardware must be made from a University contracted supplier. You should contact your IT supporter by filling out the request form to get advice and guidance on requesting a device to fulfil your needs.

Please include as much detail as possible in your request so that the supporter can best advise you, including:

  • technical specification requirements
  • what general tasks you will be doing with the device
  • what software you will need installed

You can also visit us at the IT Shop where we have a variety of demo devices from our contracted suppliers.

Requesting devices from other suppliers

In some circumstances, where there is a specific need, requests for devices from other IT suppliers may be considered. You should fill out an ITPAR form to request such items. The form must be completed with a strong business case for the alternative hardware. Your request will be considered by the Assistant Director of User Services, Computing Services once you have returned the form to us. Please contact us for guidance.

See the Procurement policy (2.1 - IT Purchasing) for more details. Any cost incurred by an individual outside of this policy will not be reimbursed by the University.